No doubt about it, 2016 was a tough year. There were many challenges happening around the world and there were few days that felt like we had made progress for our country. Reading the news makes you think this year was one of the worst. Yet it’s hard for me to hate this year completely because it made my husband and I parents to a healthy, happy, beautiful baby boy. We started off 2016 with a positive pregnancy test and ended celebrating Thomas’s first Christmas. When we reflect back on 2016, we’re going to always remember how happy and lucky we are to have our (growing!) family.
Along with becoming parents, another great accomplishment for myself this year was starting this blog. I used to blog in college and loved it. Then homework, jobs and boys got in the way. Then I started again when John and I began dating, and it fizzled due to exciting life changes like buying our home and getting married. Finally over the summer I made a commitment to do it weekly for at least a year. No matter what I would make the time to write because it makes me happy and connects me with such wonderful people.
At times it’s been tough since the little guy and the fluffy guy demand a lot of attention. When you’re running around trying to fit in a few moments just to eat and sleep it’s hard to carve out time for anything else. I’m keeping my promise to myself though because I love having this “me” time to share my love for fashion, food, photography and life! I’m definitely no expert in any of these subjects, but I have a lot of passion for them that I hope creates a few smiles for those reading.
All in all, I just want to say how thankful I feel to have my family, friends and the opportunity to reach out to all of you through this little website. Thank you to everyone who’s been supporting me along the way and to those who have liked and shared my posts. It means a lot and encourages me to keep going. Hoping to bring bigger, better posts to you in 2017!
I posted below some of my favorite photos from this year along with some great moments our family experienced. Sure, it may have been a tough year but there were still so many beautiful memories that took place, especially in our home.
With that I wish you all a happy, healthy 2017! Thank you again for your ongoing support! ❤️
- In January my husband took me on a “babycation” to Las Vegas (of all places… lol). He said it’s not just gambling and he was right. We had a fantastic few days watching breathtaking shows, seeing amazing sites and going shopping at stores that steal my heart like Chanel and Dior. I had a blast and it was a great little moment to get away together. We had just found out about the pregnancy at that point so we wanted time to spend together before he was too busy at work.
- During Super Bowl Sunday my dad accidentally spilled the beans that John and I were expecting. My mom and my dad were the only other ones who knew, and after seeing a Dorito’s commercial where they were doing an ultrasound my dad made a comment that let the cat out of the bag! It was such a funny way of letting everyone know and ended up being perfect since we didn’t know how to bring it up that we were going to have a baby!
- I got to experience a really great pregnancy, which is something I was looking forward to experiencing for a long time. I had a few dizzy attacks, but overall I really enjoyed being pregnant and having that time to bond with Thomas. When I think about the summer of 2016, I’m going to remember all the fun I had dressing my first bump, feeling him kick and move around and spending tons of time with our pup, who became a fantastic companion when I was too tired to do much.
- I turned 30 this year, which was a major milestone in life (at least to me!). Each year on my birthday I always feel younger than what I was, but this year I felt 30. Mostly because I experienced a lot of life changing events in the months prior, and honestly I’m really proud of them all. Bring it on 30!
- When I was young my family would take us on vacation to South Carolina a lot. This year I finally got to go back with my parents, and we had a great week away. The south has this way of making you slow down and relax, whether you want to or not! The mindset is different and it was much needed at the time. I had so much fun that I didn’t want to leave! Thankfully I think we’ll be vacationing there much more often!
- Last but not least, I’ll never, ever forget giving birth to my beautiful baby boy. What a long day of labor it was but having him here now makes every minute of it worth it. He’s developing such a sweet, happy personality, and I’m pretty sure I could spend all day staring at him. I’m not sure what we did to deserve such an amazing little man. He certainly makes our family feel complete, and we love him more than what we thought was possible.